Monday, May 5, 2014

Week one

I've been on the Appalachian Trail for one week and have gone 81 miles.

Crossed into North Carolina today (Sunday) after staying in the mountain town of Hiwassee yesterday. I went to McDonalds, and then ate my food while walking to a local restaurant with a buffet where David, Tobias (poptart) and Daniel were. So I was pretty full by the time I was done eating there. We all crashed in a local motel ... Stitch too.

The first week went well, and I'm completely enjoying myself. There have been some tough climbs, but I've handled them. We are currently above 4,000 feet and will continue to slowly climb as we head toward Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Tonight we are staying at muskrat creek shelter (4,580). Caught the tail end of a beautiful sunset and then watched as the sky darkened and the stars came out. I was able to see the lights from Hiawassee too.

The beauty out here is amazing and makes each painful step well worth it.

- Hova

No comments:

Post a Comment