Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Up and down: A way of life

Total miles thru May 7: 120

I stayed in a hiker hostel in Franklin, N.C., Tuesday night. Ate at a nice little deli in town and then had a few drinks at a lounge inside a hiker outfitter store. The lost boys - which is how I refer to David, Daniel and Tobias - were there too.

Hung out in the hostel eating Dominos and watching TV before calling it a night. We got a free ride back to the trail from Ron Haven Wednesday morning. He owns the hostel we stayed in and also a couple of motels in the area. He is a former thru hiker and a great guy who is always willing to help out hikers.

I hiked just 11 miles Wednesday. The hike consisted mostly of a tough, uphill climb. I'm staying at Wayah Bald Shelter tonight, but sleeping in my tent so I can see the stars. David is staying here too, but Daniel and Tobias moved on to the next shelter about five miles farther down the trail.

A girl from Australia is at the shelter too - talk about a long trip just to take a walk!

- Hova

Raven Rock

1 comment: